Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PIC Programmer .. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadolphine2000

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic programmer

Hi..

I know it might be a silly question, but it's important for me.
Can anyone tell me if this programmer could work with all PIC types.?

I mean can I use this programmer with PIC18F series?

Thanks very much for all your help.

vpp 12v jdm programmer

Do not use this one! It does not have any voltage clamp for Vpp. If you want a similar one, google for JDM. A lot of software support JDM programmer.

Cheers,

pic programmer in philippines

Thanks namqn for your help, but I've already used it so many times with my PIC16F84A and it works fine. However, If you mean by "don't have a voltage clamper for Vpp" that the voltage at Vpp may increase, I can use a 13v. zener like the one at VDD.

Thanks again for your help.

jdmd programer

Hi,
if you need a great programmer for pic all series, and many many more ic (serial eeprom, parallel eeprom ...
buy WILLEM programmer from www.sivava.com with pic all adapter.
I have this programmer and I use him for 18Fxxxx series, its great,
anybody of us on this forum have wish to make own programmer but sometimes profi made programmer is better solution,
regards

allpic programer

seadolphine2000 said:
Thanks namqn for your help, but I've already used it so many times with my PIC16F84A and it works fine. However, If you mean by "don't have a voltage clamper for Vpp" that the voltage at Vpp may increase, I can use a 13v. zener like the one at VDD.

Thanks again for your help.
The thing is for some PIC18F, such as PIC18Fxxx0/xxx5, the maximum Vpp is 12.5 V, or the maximum Vpp of PIC18F18Fxx10/xx90 is 12V. Can you use 13V zener in those cases?

The message is you will have to take care of the maximum Vpp for all of your chips to be used with your programmer.

BTW, if you use a zener for clamping Vpp, you are having a JDM-style programmer.

Cheers,

pic programer

I use JDM programer version in olimex.com . And I used it to program my 18F252,2550,4550. It worked. My Vpp voltage in programmer is about 13,4V. If you want, you could test with Vpp increasing step by step.
@namnq: you tested many progammer, do you know about my case?

pic programmer beginner step by step

i think better use ICD2...try the clone one...u might try the stoldz's design use a few components...ICD2 can be programmer also debugger ...

blueroomelectronics has a modified version of stoldz using only 5V power supply..

pic18f4450 lvp

tocal09 said:
I use JDM programer version in olimex.com . And I used it to program my 18F252,2550,4550. It worked. My Vpp voltage in programmer is about 13,4V. If you want, you could test with Vpp increasing step by step.
@namnq: you tested many progammer, do you know about my case?
For the PIC18F2550 and PIC18F4550, you should not go over the maximum Vpp specified in the Programming Specification.
Did you measure right at pin MCLR of the chip? Did you measure when programming/reading the chip?

Cheers,

vpp pic programming

I checked it, MCLR pin have 13.35 volt. Maybe when it come to programming stage, it down a bit.

vpp max pic

Hi,..
I found this programmer. Please, I need to know if it will work with my PIC18F4450 specifically.

( pic programmer clone )

seadolphine2000 said:
Hi,..
I found this programmer. Please, I need to know if it will work with my PIC18F4450 specifically.

This one could only do LVP (Low-Voltage Programming), with Vpp = Vdd when programming/verifying. If you at sometime need to erase the chip (e.g., for clearing protection bits), then you would need another high voltage programmer (Vpp = Vihh, min = Vdd + 4.0 V, when programing/verifying).

Cheers,

step by step jdm programmer

hi...
can anyone help me how to program Boe Bot that use PIC 16F877 because the original Boe Bot use Basic Stamp 2...so it's like i wanna modify it by using PIC 16F877

16f886 in jdm programmer

Try the Inchworm ICD2 programmer on my site. It's far better than most simple programmers and is supported in MPLAB

PS
I'm working on a robot kit with chassis. Uses the 16F886 or 18F2525.
**broken link removed**[/img]

seadolphine2000 said:
Hi..

I know it might be a silly question, but it's important for me.
Can anyone tell me if this programmer could work with all PIC types.?

I mean can I use this programmer with PIC18F series?

hello.. i am a beginner in programming a microcontroller.. i just want to know if what is the name of the specific loader that can be use with your programmer..thanks ahead!

Re: 16f886 in jdm programmer

Try the Inchworm ICD2 programmer on my site. It's far better than most simple programmers and is supported in MPLAB

PS
I'm working on a robot kit with chassis. Uses the 16F886 or 18F2525.
**broken link removed**[/img]

what is the adress of ur site

Status
Not open for further replies.