Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC datasheet compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKnight

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I've been checking out engineers garage's website, and encountered interesting pic projects. I'm not trying to build them on a bredboard, but in Proteus. I've noticed that the pins given at the schematics are not the same that are given in Proteus.

See the attached picture from the schematic on their website, and the other one is from Proteus's model.

Any guidance for understanding how the pins work and need to be connected properly.

Thanks.

Attachments

• led_blinking with pic.gif
    led_blinking with pic.gif
    45 KB · Views: 68
  • Proteus_Schematic.gif
    Proteus_Schematic.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 64

Apart from the PORTB connection, pins 33 - 40 RB0 - RB7, the other connections in the schematic are irrelevant to the Proteus simulation.

As a matter of fact, the Vdd and Vss pins are not displayed by default.

Neither Vdd, Vss, or Oscillator (OSC1 and OSC2) pins must be connected to successfully simulate a design in Proteus.

The oscillator frequency must be set within a dialog box by right clicking the PIC block.

If you examine the pin numbers in the Proteus diagram they do correlate with the schematic pin numbers.

BigDog

First off, sorry for the late reply, but I haven't forgotten about this one.

Are you saying that the oscillators can be connected with any of the pins from 33-40 RB ? Also, the Vdd and Vss are connected where there aren't any pins on the PIC? Can they be connected to other pins?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.