Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC controlled intruder alarm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman 31

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

This is my first post here and I must say it looks to be a very informative site. I found this site while searching for an answer to the problem that I am having with the alarm system that I built found .

The problem that I am having is this. Everything works great on zones one and two. None of the other zones seem to work although the ones I have hooked up are showing up on the #6 selection (selection that shows which zones are open/closed). Also when it is set in passive mode, it is beeping and showing that the zones that are hooked up are in the alarm position, but they are not. I know this because zones 1 and 2 are behaving properly in the full alarm mode.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I don't know any other way to describe the problem. I appreciate any help or advice that you might have.

I used a PICkit 2 to program the IC out of the circuit board. I used the Hex file that was in the zip folder. Seems to me as if the PIC is not getting all of the proper info. I am very new to PIC programming, but I understand some basics.

Thanks,
Jman

Status
Not open for further replies.