Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixofdynamism

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the past I have used CCS C Compiler that has built in functions for just about anything that we might want to do. These include:
RS232 I/O, SPI two wire I/O, Discrete I/O, Parallel port, I2C I/O, Processor controls, Bit/Byte Manipulation, Standard C Math, Voltage Ref, A/D Conversion, Standard C char / String, Timers, Standard C memory, Capture/Compare/PWM, Non-Volatile memory, Standard C special, Delays, Analog compare, RTOS and LCD.

These functions make writing a program piece of cake, not to mention that we have a project wizard to setup up the configuration bits, interrupts and details of peripherals. Compared with Visual Studio CCS C Compiler looks and feels terrible, but is good enough.

Now moving to this era we have MPLAB X which is supposed to replace Hi-Tech C as well. My question is this: What other PIC C Compilers have such built in function support? What are the things that I can do if I use CCS C Compiler from within MPLAB?

Besides this, people here have said that they prefer CCS C for basic projects and Hi-Tech C for serious projects. This does not make sense to me at all.

That's not the case both can be used for serious kind of stuff. CCS C compiler is best to my knowledge and can perform any thing you wish to. I am using this compiler within MPLAB. You name anything you want there are built in functions, libraries and example codes as well, to get a basic look on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…