Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC C Compiler with built in functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixofdynamism

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the past I have used CCS C Compiler that has built in functions for just about anything that we might want to do. These include:
RS232 I/O, SPI two wire I/O, Discrete I/O, Parallel port, I2C I/O, Processor controls, Bit/Byte Manipulation, Standard C Math, Voltage Ref, A/D Conversion, Standard C char / String, Timers, Standard C memory, Capture/Compare/PWM, Non-Volatile memory, Standard C special, Delays, Analog compare, RTOS and LCD.

These functions make writing a program piece of cake, not to mention that we have a project wizard to setup up the configuration bits, interrupts and details of peripherals. Compared with Visual Studio CCS C Compiler looks and feels terrible, but is good enough.

Now moving to this era we have MPLAB X which is supposed to replace Hi-Tech C as well. My question is this: What other PIC C Compilers have such built in function support? What are the things that I can do if I use CCS C Compiler from within MPLAB?

Besides this, people here have said that they prefer CCS C for basic projects and Hi-Tech C for serious projects. This does not make sense to me at all.

That's not the case both can be used for serious kind of stuff. CCS C compiler is best to my knowledge and can perform any thing you wish to. I am using this compiler within MPLAB. You name anything you want there are built in functions, libraries and example codes as well, to get a basic look on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back