Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 18F2550 programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO use PICPgm, First check hardware in hardware selection/configuration, you must have to set vdd first, as far as I know, some pic need to be applied VPP slightly before VDD to get them into programming mode.

Voltage at MCLR/Vpp pin is 13.11V while I tried a "Program PIC" in PICPgm without actually placing a PIC in the socket. Should I continue to actual programming with a PIC18F2550 in the socket? or, try to bring down Vpp below 13V using a series diode (like 1N4148) between voltage source and MCLR pin?:???:

I am getting 14.3 v without PIC in zif socket, but with PIC it comes down to 13.2 v, Please perform a hardware test and check voltages on data and clock, I was getting 4.15v on clock when on and 0.5v when off and 2.7v on data during on and 1.5 v during off, If tests are OK then go ahead and try programming your pic, PICPgm will recognize your PIC if all is OK. :-D

Thanks aadhyatm, for your continuous support. Today I was desperate to see my Programmer working! I got one ZIF socket this morning, soldered only its required pins to the connectors. The voltages I measured was within specified range as par datasheet. As I have no db-9 female header, I opt to flat cable with pin header socket and connected it directly to my motherboards com2 (extra) pin header. I placed the PIC18F2550 in the ZIF socket, started the PICPgm, and then .....

And then I was successful !!!!

Here are the pictures ...
Multipic_Programmer.jpg

With PIC in the socket
WithPIC.jpg

I started the PICPgm....
JDM0.JPG

Started programming ....
Programming&Verify.JPG

And finally finished the "PROGRAMMING PIC18F2550"
Finished.JPG

I thought it was a tedious job to be completed successfully! but ultimately succeed in the first chance.Now I must proceed towards PicKit2.

Please stay tuned with me till I make my PicKit2.
Thanks. p55xp

Your hard work made you successful on first try, I am happy that I could help you. check your PM, give me a mail when you start building your pickit 2.

Thanks for your help, thanks for your complement!
I also think you have share in my success. I want to thank everyone in this thread who took interest in my project for their valuable suggestions. I am going to make PicKit2 clone by PALMA as suggested by tipu electronics.
Thanks,
p55xp.

MCP6271 ?? original design using MCP6001 What I remember. you can replace it in dip version MCP601/602
I did not find any MCP series opamp in kolkata. do you know any one selling microchip products in kolkata?

Status
Not open for further replies.