Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photonic crystal with anisotropic material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alagappan G

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the best way to simulate photonic crystals with aniotropic materials? The axes of the anisotropic material do not coincide with axes of photonic crytsal

Try to separate the problem in 3 subproblems: respectively for the axis x, y and z.

I agree with svarun. It depends on the structure and on the incidence angle. If, lets say, the direction of the E-field coincides with the direction of anisotropy, that introduces no complication. The best solution, in my opinion, is to use a 3 dimensional solver. For instance, with MWS (and with more than 2 gigs of RAM), you can easily simulate a 3D photonic crystal with an acceptable accuracy. Considering the availability of 64 bit dual-core CPUs and reasonably cheap memories, I beleive there is no much need for 2 dimensional codes. I was wandering through PC vendors and I noticed that I can buy a 3 GHz dual core system with 4 Gigs of RAM less than 2200$. I can't imagine buying such a PC 2 years ago. You may also check RSOFT's fullwave. It has a 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional FDTD solver. I myself use both MWS and fullwave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back