Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photodiode for CIS (CMOS Image Sensor) in TSMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

salehm

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

Does TSMC 0.18um fabricate photodiode for image sensor application?

Tnx

Thanks for your kind attention!

Then, in the cadence, and tsmc library, there is no model for photodiode. What can I do if I want draw its layout? Can I draw a simple diode layout for photodiode layout? does it work after fabrication?

Regards

Can I draw a simple diode layout for photodiode layout? does it work after fabrication?

Sure it will work, see the a.m. thread. But of course you can't simulate its light sensitivity. If you can get hold of the proper process parameters, you could either simulate this with Silvaco's Luminous software (also mentioned in the a.m. thread), or (tediously) calculate it using the theoretical approach from the EE392B Lecture Notes -- and create your own model.

Reactions: salehm

salehm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the reply,

I have another question. Does standard CMOS technology put Micro Lens on the pixel array? Will imager work without micro lenses?

regards!

Does standard CMOS technology put Micro Lens on the pixel array?
No.

Will imager work without micro lenses?
The photo diodes will work. The imager is responsible to create the image from the photo diodes and the logistics to shift it out. It has nothing to do with the optical system -- the micro lenses -- which are responsible for the image geometry.

Reactions: salehm

salehm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back