Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phase noise or jitter of pll with frequency divider

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanikapa

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am designing a phase locked loop with 100MHz reference frequency in cadence spectre. The VCO frequency is 2GHz. I need to obtain the phase noise or jitter of the whole pll. I will appreciate that, If anybody can help me

you can run pnoise analysis from ADE L of virtuoso.

you can run pnoise analysis from ADE L of virtuoso.

I did it for vco pnoise before. Run pss and then pnoise but for the whole pll it does not converge

Actually phase noise is a characteristic of VCO .. and other than VCO all other circuits are DIGITAL only.. so i think it is ok to calculate for VCO only...

It's essentially a system simulation problem because simulating it on transistor based is pretty difficult.
If you know PN behaviour of each PLL block, you can simulate them in a system simulator even in MatLab.

It's essentially a system simulation problem because simulating it on transistor based is pretty difficult.
If you know PN behaviour of each PLL block, you can simulate them in a system simulator even in MatLab.

Hi,
1) by PN behaviour do you mean periodic noise behavior ?
2) Can you please refer me to link which details on how to do it with Matlab. Baisc transfer function simulations are possible with matlab but how do you include cyclo-stationarity of noise?
Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back