Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phase difference between the output of a T Flip flop and and clock applied to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhargav.scsvmv

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is phase difference between the output of a T Flip flop and and clock signal applied to it,when the input to the flip flop is high.

Let the clock frequency applied to the flip flop is 1Mhz and a high input is applied to the clock we know that the output frequency of the T-ff would be 0.5Mhz but what is the relation between the relation between clock signal applied and the o/p signal in terms of phase?
What would be the phase difference between them?

Your question is quite confusing but I think as the frequency of output is exact half of the clock when i/p is 1 so it will depend on the logic level of the clock...you didn't mention whether the FF is a rising edge or falling edge triggered one...

Do you want to know clock to output delay of a trigger?

Your question is quite confusing but I think as the frequency of output is exact half of the clock when i/p is 1 so it will depend on the logic level of the clock...you didn't mention whether the FF is a rising edge or falling edge triggered one...

what would be the phase if the ff is raising edge type

I think you are asking the the time between clock rising edge to output toggle. If clock rising edge occurs at t=t_0, output toggles at time t=t_0+t_delay. What is t_delay?
It really depends on the model of TFF you are using. If you are using a discrete IC, check the datasheet, if you are using an FPGA do a post-routing simulation.

I think you are asking the the time between clock rising edge to output toggle. If clock rising edge occurs at t=t_0, output toggles at time t=t_0+t_delay. What is t_delay?
It really depends on the model of TFF you are using. If you are using a discrete IC, check the datasheet, if you are using an FPGA do a post-routing simulation.

I want to know the phase difference or phase angle b/w clock and T o/p

1 cycle in O/p of T flipflop is equal to two clock cycles of clock.What can we infer about phase by this.

I need answer badly to this question.This answer is highly important to me.somebody please respond with correct answer.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back