Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Permeability and Permittivity Extraction From Scattering Parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhisheksarkhel

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to design the split ring resonator proposed in Electromagnetic parameter retrieval from inhomogeneous metamaterials i.e FIG-2 of the paper in HFSS-11.After simulation i got exact match in magnitude and phase response of S parameter but when i try to extract permittivity and permeability using equation 9 and 10 mentioned in the above paper i am not getting proper response.I am using a matlab code to extract mu and epsilon from scattering parameter. I had attached all the required files.Any suggestion will be of great help for me.

Thanks.

Attachments

• MuEpr.rar
    917 KB · Views: 301

I modified my code slightly.Now i am getting probably correct value of impedance z .But still imaginary part of index of refraction is wrong.I had attached my current code.Can some body tell me where i am going wrong?

Thanks,

Attachments

• SmithPaper_1.rar
    719 bytes · Views: 217

Did you ever correct this problem? Post code here if you did.

Reactions: trstlm

trstlm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back