Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Perfect PIC for using USB conection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehregan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I wanna use ADC OF PIC microcontroller which is quiet fast and also is able to be connected to PC via USB port.
I should chose the best PIC in the first step, so please help me and let me know if 18f series is suitable?

best,
Mehrega

There are two available in 18F series and have extensive online help available too.
PIC18F2550
and
PIC18F4550

There are two available in 18F series and have extensive online help available too.
PIC18F2550
and
PIC18F4550

There are considerable more than two PIC18F series which offer USB connectivity, more like forty different models.

You can use either of the following tools to select a PIC which fulfills your requirements:

Microchip Advanced Part Selector

Microchip Product Selector

Elaborating on the ADC requirements would help narrow down the field.

How many ADC channels are required? What is the required sampling rate? Etc?

Attached is a csv file containing most of the currently available PIC18F series devices along with their specs, including USB channels.

BigDog

Attachments

• PIC18 MCU-2013-08-04.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 53

Thanks guys, you are always helpful,

according to microchip product selector, I've found the 32MX series have ADC with the highest sampling rate (1Msps). now I have a question:
which compiler is suitable for programming 32Mx? can I use CCS?

which compiler is suitable for programming 32Mx? can I use CCS?

Microchip offers the XC32 as well as the older PIC32 compilers.

I believe MikroC offers a PIC32 compatible compiler as well.

My knowledge of CCS is limited, so I would suggest you review their website.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back