Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FSS unit-cell with pin diode simulation using Floquet port

san94

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am attempting to simulate a unit cell utilizing a Floquet port. The unit cell contains a pin diode that operates in two states. This diode is connected to the ground via a metal via hole and also includes a bias line. What is the correct procedure to simulate this configuration?

Initially, I attempted to design the pin diode based on its equivalent circuit using lumped elements, specifically a rectangular surface with boundaries assigned as lumped elements. However, the simulation did not show any noticeable change in the S-parameters when compared to the unit cell without the diode.

Considering the entire setup from a circuit perspective, the bias line is connected to a controller. One end of the diode is connected to the ground, completing the circuit. For the simulation, I intend to use the equivalent circuit for a single stage (on/off) and thus, I believe the bias line may not be necessary. In this scenario, would the circuit be complete?

I have come across some demonstrations of pin diode design within a transmission line, where both ends of the transmission line have lumped port excitations. I'm also curious to know if any modifications are required when using a Floquet port for this purpose.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    192.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    343.4 KB · Views: 26

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back