Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCI9054 with the spartan3 need help! PC did not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaf20

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pci9054 lint cmode

Hi Friends
I have designed a card which include PLX PCI9054 with the spartan3. I use PCI9054 C mode to control FPGA. In fpga there is state machine to handle read and write.
Also use 10k pullup for ADS, BLAST, Ready, Wait, LINT, LRESET, BIGEND, BTERM, DMPAF, Useri, Usero, Breqo, LBE0,LBE1,LBE2,LBE3, LSERR, CCS.
and 10k pulldown for LHOLD, LHOLDA, LW/R, Breqi, Test.
But unfortunately PC did not boot when i plugged card.

is there any idea?
Thanks in advance

PCI9054 need help!

is the fpga on the target peripheral bus, or is the FPGA connected to any of the PCI signals?
did you disable the IO pullups and bus hold for the FPGA pins (synthesise or p&r options)?
maybe your fpga core DCDC converter is too slow/fast: check spartan3 datasheet. can you access to the fpga by jtag?
who is driving the reset?-your card or the PC host, or both(bad)?
dis you measuse the pci control signals?-maybe one of them is pulled low by fault. short circuits are also possible.

i hope these questions help. i used pci-pci bridges, not target chips like this.

you have to connect LHOLD and LHOLDA pin on PCI9054 connect together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back