Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pcf8583 time slow problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp2012

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
I am using pcf8583 rtc ic,For one day it will give 2 seconds delay or fast how can i solve this problem?
sometimes suddenly drop 1 hour or 5 hour during power off mode can anybody give solution for this
issue?

I am using LM2576(5V) fixed power supply and also 32.786KHZ crystal.
My power supply is stable but how i am check crystal is giving stable output?Help me

If you can put a CRO somewhere in the oscillator section and try tapping the crystal - you may have an old fashioned dry joint. Once I cured a colour TV problem by re-soldering the actual crystal. RTCs can suffer from stuck bits, but it does not seem likely in your case. Rubbish spikes on the power lines could reset the clock*, are all your input lines dealt with properly? - no floating ones?
Frank
* Just thought when all the bits reset from 235959 to 000000, the device itself might take a pulse of current and dropping the supply - have you local decoupling caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.