Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbss

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there a way to designate a shape as filled in PCB Editor (16.3) for the silk screen?

Simple example: the circle marking pin 1 on a SOIC component should be a filled circle. If I add a "filled circle" on the silk screen layer, nothing shows up when I run the silk screen generator and then generate artwork. If I add a shape with a finite linewidth (i.e., 5), the circle is hollow, and I can't seem to move it in the schematic. Meaning, if a circle is placed on a generic SOIC8 footprint, but on a particular board I want to move the dot a few mils, I can't seem to move it without moving the component (in the board file). I suppose I could have decreasing concentric circles with wide width to simulate a filled circle, but it seems like there should be a better way.

More complex example: I have drawn a ESD symbol and saved as a dxf. I then successfully imported it into the design. I can place it on my board, but it is always just the outline -- I can't seem to fill the shape in, even if it is filled in in the dxf file.

I am using Allegro 15.7.
Here I use "circular Sahpe" for pin1 indicator in silk screen. and in shape fill property it is 'static solid' .
it is working for me with uot issues.
Regarding the DXF I also face some issues like unfilled shape,missing texts etc.

Problem solved. If anyone else runs into this, this is what I found works:

Apparently, the auto silk generator only recognizes lines, arcs, and text. It does not recognize shapes. Before, I was only putting MANUFACTURING/AUTOSILK_TOP on my silk screen artwork file. If I add PACKAGE GEOMETRY/SILKSCREEN_TOP, which has the pin 1 designating circles, they also appear in the artwork.

Interestingly, in the more complex example I mentioned above, somehow, when I imported the dxf file, it must have put "lines" all around my custom ESD symbol. Then, the auto silk generator recognized the outline, and put it in the AUTOSILK_TOP layer. However, it did not recognize the fill. If I add the BOARD GEOMETRY/SILKSCREEN_TOP layer (which has the symbol, fill and all), I get a filled shape in the artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…