Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB considerations for filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

brmadhukar

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
At what frequencies (for 2,4,6,8 layer boards) can I start considering the layout or placement for passive band pass filters, or do component values dictate the placement.

Hi,
I also need to switch the bandwiths of the filters. What is the best way to do this. Is it mechanical (provide jumpers) or can I use analog switches. If I use analog switches should I consider any specific for say 15MHz filter.
TIA

line lengths

The trace lengths compared to a wave length is the criteria. This ratio should be very small. Also the inductive coupling between inductors should be minimized. This is done by laying out so they are not near each other and have their axis at right angles to the nearest one.

As far as switching values, it depends upon the paasitic on resistance and off capacitance of the switches. Are you going to set the filter once for the life of the circuit or several times? If once, just load the prpoer part values. If several times, use solder jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back