Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pc controlled ac devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

lythanhthuan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please help me how to build a circuit that will indicate whether an ac device is on or off????the output of the cicuit is 5v dc so that i can use it as an input for my program...ive got an idea to use a transformer in series with the ac device and use it to activate a circuit that will send a 5v dc signal whenever an ac device is turned on..but it might affect the voltage and current coming into the ac device itself and also its impractical if i have plenty of device to check whether its on or off.........
thanks

Use an optocoupler ..
Connect its "primary" in parallel with an AC device and its "secondary", in most cases an open-collector transistor ( additional pullup resistor should be connected to +5V ), to digital input ..

Here are some examples:
http://i2c2p.twibright.com/datasheet/6n139_an.pdf

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back