Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallel processing using fpgas

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerson_11

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a doubt in parallel processing concept using fpga. I want to implement this equation (a*b)+c where a,b,c is a vector of 100 different binary numbers. At the same time I am using a parallel architecture with 'n' no of multipliers and 'n' no of adders. What would be the results in terms of area, power and frequency for both normal and parallel implementation ? Can anyone please explain me?

What do you consider to be normal? A software implementation diguised as FPGA code?

A sequential implementation would calculate each of the 100 results one at a time. A fully parallel implementation would calculate all 100 results simultaneously. The parallel implementation would take approximately 100 times the area of the sequential version.

what about the power and frequency constraints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back