Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PA design with MWO2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF_beginner

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wcdma pa design

Hi,i am a fresh for designing PA . can anybody tell me where i can download some PA Design examples with MWO software step by step.or some links ,some articles,your experience,etc. the original design file is better....i assure u that i only use them for study......thanks for your warmly heart advance!!!

rf pa design with mwo

Dear,

For Design RF PA,I recommend using ADS because it's performance is much better
than MWO.Ads also has a analysis called " Large signal S Parameters" for PA apps.

In microwave office you can't combine Time & Frequency domain components.for
example PA's needs matching circuits,in microwave office you can't use EM Analyzed

Matching circuits as subcircuits to compute time reponse(Transition) but in ADS you can.
The ADS Library and Design guides is excellent .ADS speed & accuracy & Capabilities

is much much more than MWO.MWO is easy to use but when you using ADS and see
it's performance i think you never used anyother software.

Good Luck!

padesign 96

Definitely the latest version of MWO is much better than ADS (any version) for designing RF Power Amplifiers. You can chouse anything from Harmonic Balance, Transient Analysis, Large Signal or Small Signal (depend what models you have), Layout, etc.
Simulations using any CAD software depends by the models you use, but nowdays are a lot of factors that can make the difference between simulators.

https://www.highfrequencyelectronics.com/Archives/Oct04/HFE1004_CMCModel.pdf
https://www.highfrequencyelectronics.com/Archives/Nov04/HFE1104_CMCModel.pdf

thanks for giving me help,but still i didn't get what i am looking for....can anybody help me about PA design with MWO? any articles,examples .....thanks

You should start by simulating a reference design. This one is good since the LDMOS model is available. The results will be very close to measurement

**broken link removed**

Hi All. I work for AWR, and I wanted to clear up some confusion:

memarian said:
...Ads also has a analysis called " Large signal S Parameters" for PA apps.

Yes, we have Large Signal S-Parameter measurements also.

memarian said:
In microwave office you can't combine Time & Frequency domain components.

Yes, you can.

memarian said:
...for example PA's needs matching circuits,in microwave office you can't use EM Analyzed Matching circuits as subcircuits to compute time reponse(Transition)

Yes, you can.

memarian said:
... The ADS Library and Design guides is excellent.
ADS speed & accuracy & Capabilities is much much more than MWO.

I won't say ADS is a bad tool. But, "much, much" better than MWO? No, sorry.

memarian said:
MWO is easy to use but when you using ADS and see it's performance i think you never used anyother software.

:roll:

If you do want to do a real comparison - and we encourage this - contact your local Agilent rep and get the latest version of ADS, and go to our web site (http://www.appwave.com) and download AWR 2006.

Best Regards,

Duncan

Here are the slides from a tutorial I gave to a class at University of Kansas. This was all done with Microwave Office. They may help.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Hello RF_beginner,

Download this presentation very good one for PA design....

**broken link removed**

---manju---

Hi Manjunatha_hv

Is there also a second part?

Regards

Hi,madengr
,Manjunatha_hv,Thanks for your help!!Manjunatha_hv,i cann't link the the links you offered before,could u pls email it to my email box :freedomboy2002@163.com? thanks! in addition,have u any other articles,ppt etc about wcdma PA design ?

Manjunatha_hv,thanks

could anybody tell me some tips about input network match ,output network match, input biasing network,output biasing network design in PA design? thanks

anybody have some videos about PA DEsign with MWO?

input network: most of the time the conjugate matching is good

output network: determine the optimal impedance with load-pull analysis or simple use the load-line theory and determine the optimal RL

bias: biasing the collector is simple, you need an RF choke between the collector and the supply voltage (most of the time a thin line or a meander line is good), some capacitance between the supply and the ground (SMD or plate capacitance), between the base and supply most of the time I use SMD resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back