Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P+resistor as load in diff pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Xu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a question on the P+resistor. I am designing an diff pair amplifier which use resistor as load.I selct the p+resistor as load. Can we use it?

My concern is:this resistor is located in nwell. In this nwell, the parasitic pn junction capacitor will affect the bandwidth? This cap is located at the output node, so i am not sure if this concern is necessary. The postlayon can extract this cap?

Alos, in my spice model, I did not found any parasitic cap description on this resistor.

Is any risk in it?

Thanks in advance!

Your concern of parasitic cap is correct. But most of the time it is not the most important in the load of diff pair. You better concern the matching between the resistor pair of the load. Since, the matching of P+ resistor is bad in general. I suggest to use Poly resistor or current mirror as load.

John Xu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I agreed with above

but don't worry..if u got a matching transistor then choose the pMOS load...

this will ensure the similarities in your layout environment...

If u use poly then there is an area of poly and transistor..harder to match this in my oppinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back