Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Overload management of transformers using smart relays

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasko3

Hi,
I m working on my project "Overload management of transformers using smart relays''.
The aim of this project is to investigate the application of these relays in overload management of transformers and over current protection.
Does anyone have a circuit diagram or have anymore information that can help me.

cheers

Hi cheers
You should get some sample from current of your transformer , e.g with hall effect sensors and clamp method , thus with a simple comparator and current driver , you can give a command to your relays , to opening the circuits. remember , if your transformer is a power transformer , you can not open it under the load , simply . it will be dangerous and harmful .
and about smart relays , i think your mean is mini PLC ? if yes , you should amplify it's out put with powerful contactors.
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hi friends
there are meny transient and harmunics in power system.so use standard multifunction relay only.To connect a relay to pwoer system equipments ,use Current & voltage transformers.

i cant use multifunction relay its has to be smart relay to configure the current protection of transformer.

Two basic principles for overload management of transformers with relays.....

Transf_Prot_w_Relays_01.jpg
Transf_Prot_w_Relays_02.jpg

Example relays ....

http://eb.automation.siemens.com/go...egionUrl=/FI&activetab=order#activetab=order&

Logic Module Logo Control - Programmable logic controllers from Siemens

http://www.serelays.com/library/magnecraft-catalogs/8501CT1104.pdf

**broken link removed**

Modern smart relays provide powerful capabilities and new resources. The aim of this project is to investigate the application of these relays in overload management of transformers as well as the traditional role of over current protection.
I need to build a prototype circuit to show in circuit diagram how they work and get some measurement for current and voltages.

So i can build my report.

cheers

sam

Hi,
Have you got a circuit diagram for the above diagram as i need to put correct value and do some testing for the circuit.
Or any further information that helps?

Sam

Get hold of these smart relay look at the manual ,I think GE has one I have used before,I will post a link later

Get hold of these smart relay look at the manual ,I think GE has one I have used before,I will post a link later

I m still waiting on your Cicuit diagram for the block diagram you have submitted Few week back.

Status
Not open for further replies.