Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope - Renting/Buying - Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewcrew

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question. If it's not, I ask that I be kindly pointed in the right direction.

I am a student and I will be working on a project during the Christmas break. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a scope and I am wondering if someone can tell me where I can buy/rent a scope. I checked out a few renters but they only rent to businesses not individual. I want a used 2 channel digital scope. I'm looking for a handheld or portable scope. I've looked on amazon and ebay but many of them are 1 channel scopes. My budget is $200.

I appreciate any information that can be provided.

Depends on your application. Handheld scopes are either total crap or very expensive. For $200 you can buy a used analog scope of some decent brand (Tek, Agilent and such). I don't $200 is enough to buy a new chinese DSO, and it's not very likely that you will find a used chinese DSO for <$200.

I'd stay with good analog scope or save up ~$350 and buy a chinese DSO. These scopes like Atten, Rigol, Tekway and such are clones of old designs from either Agilent or Tektronix, but other than not very humble origins they are fully functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back