Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed wiring my pump capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Privilege

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a Marin Aire water pump. When it stopped working I opened the end cap and saw that a wire had come loose. The trouble is, I don’t know how to wire it back together with the capacitor and there’s nothing on the Google that appears to help. Any guidance is much appreciated.

Pump: Yellow, red and black wire.
Capacitor: Grey and Grey.
7D9196B7-B7E7-46F4-9432-649C41344752.jpeg
[Moderator action: removed links to commercial site]

Last edited by a moderator:

Did you find more wire-nuts (or wire-crimp-joiners) besides the one in your photo?
These are handy for re-assembly. Otherwise it's up to you whether to solder wires.

By conventional color-coding it's a good bet the two black wires are supposed to join. (In the USA black designates live mains AC.)

Expose 1/2 inch of yellow wire. Most likely it connects to the white wire.

I can't be sure where the loose grey wire goes. One of our expert members may know whether it's for power factor correction or to assist motor start.

Did you find more wire-nuts (or wire-crimp-joiners) besides the one in your photo?
These are handy for re-assembly. Otherwise it's up to you whether to solder wires.

By conventional color-coding it's a good bet the two black wires are supposed to join. (In the USA black designates live mains AC.)

Expose 1/2 inch of yellow wire. Most likely it connects to the white wire.

I can't be sure where the loose grey wire goes. One of our expert members may know whether it's for power factor correction or to assist motor start.
You were spot-on. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back