Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optical encoder wiring confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponas.jonas

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody :)

I am trying to read the values from a direct drive linear motor's (SDLM-025-095-01-05) inbuilt encoder using a NUCLEO-F446RE board. It is a straight forward task, but I am slightly confused with the cables. ( datasheet )

Overall, the motor itself has 10 cables (as seen in the datasheet + transcription below). Since I just want to read the encoder values, and the negative channels, aka wires Blue & Yellow should not be touched (mentioned by the manufacturer), how should I connect the wires to my Nucleo board?

I understand I need 4 wires: Orange for Power, Green and White for the 2 Channels and finally the ground. But which wire is that? Is it Brown? I understand that the Black wire is the minus for the motor.

1. Orange - +5 VDC Power for optical encoder
2. Green - Channel A+ Output of optical encoder, TTL
3. Blue - Channel A- Output of optical encoder, TTL
4. White - Channel B+ Output of optical encoder, TTL
5. Yellow - Channel B- Output of optical encoder, TTL
6. Brown - Return for optical encoder and thermistor
7. Black - Motor minus
8. Red - Motor plus
9.Gray - Home indicator, TTL, Active high
10. Purple - Thermistor relative to Earth.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back