Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad Layout: panelization

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiniheini

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys!

can anyone of you tell me how to panelize and board out of Orcad??

Since I need to have the drill holes open, the standard gerber tools which I've found (gerbtool and gc-preview) are not an option.

Thanks in advance!

regards
Reini

What do you mean "drill holes open" ??

If you want to create a panel then I assume it is going to a board fabricator?

In which case they can panelise it for you, in any case they do not want drill holes in the pads.

You can "panelise" it with GC-Prevue by doing lots of copy & pasting onto new layers then offsetting plus importing lines drawn & Gerbered.

The big problem with Gc-Prevue will be that it will only save it in its Graphicode format.
You really need Gc-CAM/GC-Place/CAM350 etc to do it & output Gerbers again.

Hi,

thanks for your reply....

No, I don't want to gibe my PCB to a board fabricator.
More or less I want to reduce my effort when I have small size circuits which I need rather often.

Therefore also my need to keep the drill holes open. It's simply easier to drill them by hand...

The tools you mentioned, I've already tried. The main obstacle is the missing chance to keep the holes open.

Maybe there is an other opportunity!?

regards
reini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back