Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad Capture PADS Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma|Six

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad capture to pads logic

Hi all,

My previous experience was with PROTEL DXP where everything is integrated. I am not asking this question as newbie of PCB design. Is due to "culture shock" in using different EDAs.

I would like to do my schematics capture using Orcad Capture CIS while doing my PCB layout using PADS2005 SPAC2.

My questions is: How should I correlate the footprint information from Orcad to PADS? should I design all footprint using ORCAD layout, then have my Schematics done in Orcad Capture, then export it in EDIF 200 format.

Afterthat use PADS to import the EDIF 200 information for layout?

or is that anyway where I can do it in a easier way ?

-Sigma|Six

pads orcad

You should use PADS to create footprints. Then you have to generate netlist in PADS ASCII format and import it in PADS.
OrCAD has a netlister for PADS ASCII or you may use any third party tool for that.

Hi,
PADS2005 SPac2 allows you to open an Orcad schematic file or OrCAD library file directlz into PADS Logic. See 'How-to' video demonstration in attached file.

JURS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back