Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad 16.6 Lite Version Problem. J K flip flop and square wave generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eshal

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How are you all?

Experts my problem is regarding with Orcad 16.6. I have lite version.

I have a practical from digital electronics in which I am using flip flop, the edge triggered J K flip flop.

Can you tell which is the square wave generator to give the clock to the J K flip flop? I am using Vpulse. But I don't know how to set frequency in it. I want to use 1KHz and 5Vp-p. And there are several more parameters which I don't know. What should be V1, V2. V1=0v and V2=5v. Is it?
What is TD and should I put in the value of TD?
What is TR and should I put in the value of TR?
What is TF and should I put in the value of TF?
PW is the pulse width but should I put in the value of PW?
What is PER and should I put in the value of PER?

Where is frequency parameter?
And why doesn't my simulation button able to press? It can't be press. What should I do to press it?

The picture is also attached below. There are two J K flip flops are shown. Which one should I use? In the experiment I have given with 74LS76 but 7476 seems same as 74LS76. And where is the Vcc pin and GND pin in it? How to supply Vcc and GND to the IC?

Orcad.PNG

Thank you sir.

I don't have Orcad but I'll try and answer some of your problems. If your simulation won't run it's probably because you have not set up what "type" of simulation you want to run.
AC , DC , transient etc. In your drawing the icon/button 2 to the left is probably where you set it up. You will want transient.
VPulse will work fine for what you want to do. You don't set a frequency for you square wave , you set the pulse width and the on time/duty cycle.TD is probably "delay" , TR is "rise time" ,
TF is "fall time" PW is "pulse width" , and PER will be "period". V1 and V2 you got right :0)
For a 1Khz 50% duty cycle square wave Pulse width = 500us and PER = 1mS.
I'm not sure about Orcad , but the pins are probably hidden. Maybe you can assume they are "powered".
Someone else can probably help you here. Either device that you have chosen will probably work for your application.
Hope this help.
Neddie

Also, I believe you need to start a new PROJECT and select "Analog or mixed A/D" not "Schematic" if you want to be able to simulate it. You also need to set up a "new simulation profile" before you can run it (under the Pspice menu).

Keith

@neddie

Thank you sir.
f=1/PER=1/1ms=1kHz I got it. But how did you come that Pulse width should be 500us?
Should I left TD, TR, TF means I will not write any value to these parameters, is it OK?

Here is the link of Orcad Pspice simulation, in which he is using hex inverter which has Vcc and GND pin too. But I don't have this hex inverter in my Orcad. Where did this guy add this hex inverter? You can see Vcc and GND are shown and not hidden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3MR_ZJv7vg

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

@neddie

Thank you sir.
f=1/PER=1/1ms=1kHz I got it. But how did you come that Pulse width should be 500us?
Should I left TD, TR, TF means I will not write any value to these parameters, is it OK?

Here is the link of Orcad Pspice simulation, in which he is using hex inverter which has Vcc and GND pin too. But I don't have this hex inverter in my Orcad. Where did this guy add this hex inverter? You can see Vcc and GND are shown and not hidden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3MR_ZJv7vg

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

@kieth

The screenshot I posted here is what which you have said. I am using Analog or mixed A/D, I have also set up new simulation profile. Still can you guide how to setup simulation profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.