Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

operational transconductance amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshbalan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello.
i confused that what is the difference between OTA and v to I converter.because input to OTA is voltage and output is current. similarly input of OTA is voltage and output is current.so can we use the OTA instead of V to I converter in circuits.

hello.
i confused that what is the difference between OTA and v to I converter.because input to OTA is voltage and output is current. similarly input of OTA is voltage and output is current.so can we use the OTA instead of V to I converter in circuits.

An ideal OTA (with a very large output resistance) works as a voltage-controlled current source (VCCS).
Of course, you can call such a system "voltage-to-current converter" because the input voltage is "converted" into a current by multiplying the voltage with a transconductance gm.

thank you,but i have one doubt,can i replace the OTA network by V to I converter made by op amp in circuits.is it make any difference in output?

thank you,but i have one doubt,can i replace the OTA network by V to I converter made by op amp in circuits.is it make any difference in output?

The answer is simple: YES, if the V-I converter has the same properties as the OTA.
However, as this never will be the case (input/output impedances, transconductance gm, bandwidth) certainly the circuit will behave differently.

The V-I converter might have different I/P ,O/P impedances .When you mean V-I converter what is that you mean ? Can you please post a picture of the circuit ?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.