Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Operating Point of Transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

soc

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
operating point of a transistor

Hello All...
I want to know how do I calculate if the following transistor is in Triode or saturation region: I have the following readings from a schematic in cadence.

gm=15.21n
Ids= 2.45n
gds= 114.12u
Vtheff= 564.5m
Vdsat = 140.13m

Thanks

off triode sat subth breakdown

Use "Results/Print/DC Operating Point" in Analog Artist (perform dc simulation with "Save DC operation point" checked). Look for "region". Possible values are 0-off, 1-triode, 2-sat, 3-subth, or 4-breakdown.

finding transistor dc operating point

He is right and if (VDS <= VDsat ), where (vds=vgs-vth), the transistor is in saturation region or u can use calculater to find out the Operating point..

Have fun

Ciao

how to find the operating point of a transistor

can you post your schematic so that we can review..

operating point of transistor

Gundam001 said:
can you post your schematic so that we can review..

The schematic is very big, I just wanted to know how to find the operating condition from the valuse I gave in my first post...Is it possible only with those values

find operation point transistor

try gm/ID, for BJT, it's about 40, for CMOS, maximum is about 40/2, which
is 20 when it operates in sub-vt region. Here it's about 7, so probably, not
in that region. Given your vdsat of that much, I would guess it's in sat.
The reason I see not linear is it's relatively large gm for that given ID level.

Status
Not open for further replies.