Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

offset sine wave to square wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrel_41

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys I have a need to convert a sine wave of 2vpp with a 1.25v postive offset to square wave the sine wave is of low frequency < 40khz
I have multisim and can simulate the circuit I am trying with a op-amp but as soon as I set the sine wave to have a positive offset I lose the square wave.
any help would be much appreciated.

If you simply capacitively couple (i.e. insert a series cap) your sine wave to whatever you're using (op-amp?) to "square it up" with, you should be fine - the capacitor will block the DC component, passing only your 40 kHz sine wave. Without knowing your circuit topology I can't recommend a value, so just choose C > 1/(2*pi*Rin*40E3) where Rin is the input impedance of your squarer-upper... :)

If you simply capacitively couple (i.e. insert a series cap) your sine wave to whatever you're using (op-amp?) to "square it up" with, you should be fine - the capacitor will block the DC component, passing only your 40 kHz sine wave. Without knowing your circuit topology I can't recommend a value, so just choose C > 1/(2*pi*Rin*40E3) where Rin is the input impedance of your squarer-upper... :)

Hi thanks for that I have done very little work with op-amps Im useing multisim Ver 11 is it possable for you to send me a vi

It okay thank you very much I now have it working
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back