Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Odb++ format in protel

Status
Not open for further replies.

smith_suez

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
odb++

Hi ,
I am a new user of Protel Dxp. ..just started to learn the tool.I am using Protel DXP 2002 evaluation version.
My problem is, how to generate output files in odb++ format.
I tried generating with an example given 4 Port Serial Interface.PcbDoc.
These files are missing form out put
odb\misc\job_name
odb\misc\info
odb\misc\attrlist
odb\steps\pcb\profile
odb\steps\pcb\attrlist
odb\steps\pcb\eda\data.
Is it bcos of settings?
Can somebody help
Thanks in advance

odb++ attrlist

give me the files and its details

attrlist file pcb

DXP2002 is an obsolete program that is no longer distributed by Altium. There have been four newer versions released since DXP2002, and about a dozen service packs/hot fixes to those newer versions. The bottom line is that you are working with a very old, and somewhat buggy version of the software.

There were known problems with ODB++ export in the earlier versions of Altium Designer. Some of what you are asking about is related to fixes included at no charge to Altium customers when the program was still current. Some of the fields you are asking about are optional, so won't necessarily appear in the ODB++ output.

There are no settings that you can make to include the items you have listed. The file should still open in Valor's ODB++ reader, CAM350, and/or Gerbtool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back