Status
Not open for further replies.

enamshah

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a project on non-intrusive load monitoring using pic.can any body help me.

What type of load ?
what Pic ?
What language ?
You've not given us much to go off there

use current transformer for measuring current and ordinary mains transformer for voltage. Using suitable burden resistor,feed them to pic adc.

for a current transformer you would have to put it in series with the load, this means cutting a high voltage line, which could be unsafe.

A better solution would be a hall effect sensor, similar to the ones used in clamp meters, unfortunately I have no idea where you can get these...

no there is no need to cutting high tension line, just use split core current transformer and clip it with "LIVE" line of mains. like this one Home | OpenEnergyMonitor

What type of load ?
what Pic ?
What language ?
You've not given us much to go off there

In this project i have to monitor the electric loads(appliances/end devices) in a room using current and voltage sensors at the main power supply of the room.I have to display ON/OFF states of the applliances and also the power consumption of each load on a display.i am using pic micro controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…