Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

non 6T SRAM project help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfreng2

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Im doing a project about non 6T SRAMs, particularly 7T and 8T SRAMs. I want to compare them by measuring the leakage currents (gate tunneling current and subthreshold current). I also want to compare them to the conventional 6T SRAM. Can anyone tell me how will I get these leakage currents? On what operating conditions will I get these leakage currents? I hope someone could help me with this. Your help and ideas is greatly appreciated.

May you explain why you use 7T/8T architecture for SRAM design ?
As far as i know, the leakage of 6T SRAM comes from process issue, not circuit issue. Because usually SRAM bit cell layout doesn't follow the layout design rule in order to save area.

I am dealing with non 6T SRAM in my project because I want to compare the leakage of non 6T SRAM to the conventional 6T SRAM. That is the objective of my project.

May you kindly provide the schematic or papers regarding to 7T/8T SRAM bit cell ?

As far as i know, the leakage current comes from;
1. device Ioff current
2. junction leakage
3. gate-oxide leakage in nm design

Hope it helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back