Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

noise due to active loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreechoudhary

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai all

I am doing LNA design .active loads influencing the noisefigure can any one suggest me goodmaterial for noise due to active loads

thanks and regards

Hi

What is your circuit for active loads?
if you use load based on current mirror, then you should shunt current sink stage with capacitor to reduce noise.

regards

hai

i am sending my circuit as attachment please help me .try to give me theretical reason behind the noise

Hi

My view point is:
The contribution (to NF) from bias stage noise is more then the one from active load.

Try insert high (20 k) resistor between bias stage and diffpair or shunt diffpair gates with capacitor ... and simulate

Regards

Grig said:
Hi

What is your circuit for active loads?
if you use load based on current mirror, then you should shunt current sink stage with capacitor to reduce noise.

regards

Could you tell me how to shunt the current sing with capacitor? is it just to connect the capacitor to the gate of current mirror?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back