Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Node problem with Orcad 9.2: Everything is FLOATING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkace

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
node is floating

Hi!
I have this f**** problem with OrCAD! I try to make a very simple circuit: a 5Vdc , a resistance a diode a resistance and ground. I create netlist file and I run spice. Then I get this mesage: Nodexxxx is floating, node xxxx is floating , node xxxxx is floating, ground is floating.
As you understood everything is on the air according to OrCAD! I double checked the devices and the nodes, I placed nodes at the connection points, but nothing.
What is the problem? Is it something with ground? Can anyone give me a tip on this?
Thanks,
D.

orcad node is floating

dkace
select a wire and right click on it and then select 'select entire net' . verify if all the connections r right....probably there r some nodes not connected properly. the wires should end on the 'red' tip of the devices used or else it will give an error.
also use the same gnd symbol if u r using more than one.

regards
karthikeya

node is floating orcad

Hi,

I think , even I came across a problem like that, I found the problem was the GROUND. So this is what I did.

When you place the GND symbol on the schematic from the library, then over there change the name of the GND to 0 (that is zero and not the letter o) and then try it, It should work.

orcad floating node

i think it is the problem with the gnd u have placed.
check which ground u have used in ur design it must be marked "0" on it
when u r selecting from the "place--> power" tool
it will be written "0/source" use this gnd.
Also u have to construst a source before simulation.

orcad 9.2 problems with nodes

The ground is under Lib "Source", you will find a symble ground marked with "0". this is the one for the circuit ground.

try and hope it will help.l

orcad gnd

you must have a capacitor in ur circuit.
connect a 100Gohms resistor accross them.
the bisa point calculation algorithim fails when ti comes accross a capacitor.
hope this should solve ur problem.
hock

Re: node is floating orcad

Hi,

I think , even I came across a problem like that, I found the problem was the GROUND. So this is what I did.

When you place the GND symbol on the schematic from the library, then over there change the name of the GND to 0 (that is zero and not the letter o) and then try it, It should work.

This is the exact solution that actually worked.:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back