Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

no of bulbs required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scientist123

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 250W panel and it's to be illuminated with bulbs so that all at once produce irradiation of 1000W/m^2.
So I want to calculate no of bulbs and the height at which they need to be placed and also whether halogen or led or any other bulbs are to be used.
The dimensions of panel are;
1639mm*982mm*36mm
hence effective area=1.639m*0.982m=1.6094m^2.
The next step would be to find luminous intensity required and hence luminous flux.
How do I go about this?
One important parameter I got was : that sun's luminous efficacy =100k lux to get 1000W/m^2.
But, How true it can be for other bulbs whose wavelengths differ?

Hi,
the expression that is used in Eletrical instalations is:

Lumens = Area* Lux*(d/n)

- d is a parameter that depends in how clean the place is, the standart for clean places is 1.25
- n is a parameter that depends on several things:
K = A/(height*(lenght+width)) -> with this value u will get the value for n in a tecnical sheet of the Bulb u are using.

But it seems too much effort just for that.
About the wavelenghts u gotta see in the bulb datasheet wich are the wavelenghts in wich it irradiates, LED's are usually very bad because they only irradiate in few wavelenghts...
Just buy 4000K(white) bulbs with the max spectre possible I guess...

Hope it helped mate

Status
Not open for further replies.