Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nios II help Interfacing Sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew.m

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,
Im new to embedded systems design and just need some direction on what to do.

What i wanna do is connect and interface sensors to the nios II microprocessor. These sensors include ; temperature sensor, hygrometer , rain gauge , solar radiation , humidity and wind spped/direction (anonemeter) .. These sensors then produce data to be sent to a remote PC

What i know so far is lets say a TM temperature sensor producing an Analog V signal , which in turn will have to provide input to an AD converter. The ADcon then provides an input for the FPGA.

What i'm not getting a hang of is how to interface the sensors with the microprocessor and the technique , the use of interrupts an DMA , data memory storage , reading and writing, and its communication to the PC for user interface. SO basically collecting the data and sending it to a PC and software in C on how to do this is the next step.

Can anyone help me out in detail so i can see the big picture? really am lost in this and definitely need help in detail. Any help would be appreciated

regards
M

Last edited:

can anyone help?

Looking at either LM35 or LM 74 for the teperature sensing
If LM35 will go with ADC 0804

but need help with interfacing
how to interface LM74 with SPI interface to microprocessor?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back