Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Net names not preserved in GDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

asinghct

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is there any way to preserve net names -in GDS2 after exporting GDS2 from Cadence encounter

Actually I am importing gds2 to caliber and trying to exptracting RC+ Coupling cap, but the dspf file generated holds no correspondence with the verilog file and hence difficult to analyze
thanks
amit

I see you posted this on the Cadence forums too, and got no reply. The quick answer is: you have to define name settings in your Map file for each layer. Unfortunately, as far as I know you can only have 32-character net names in GDS2 or OASIS, so it's of limited use. But check these two links at Cadence:

https://www.cadence.com/community/forums/T/11132.aspx?CMP=120109_nl

http://support.cadence.com/wps/myportal/cos/!ut/p/c5/dY1ZdoIwAEXX0gV4EgJl-EyTMkoryPzDiQiYAsHDoMXV1y7Ad7_vfaAATwS78ZYtfBSsBxko1FJCFpE8B
RpQMVSIEtP3FY_IEEsg_TfUEr4YhiAHhfayECCQiHEank8RyPb5qtHZuVNMyku4c8JwMxMX5bn10R_3TXzuOpPFt4ovpXDYKRJZFARVxTeUVtqFZmvb67xnZLU2o1
ljdz6nxbs9qfffZcr8lSsIbvURHeTNu8Y_iniEhB4iPhQTHTtcD5B8u1EuN3UZzLSb8Gev2XI441ZvWvBlj0MNrp14mDp--wMpaIng/dl3/d3/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

In case that 2nd link doesn't work, it's to Encounter User Guide, Product Version 6.2.4, Chapter 3 Importing and Exporting Designs, section "GDSII Stream or OASIS Map File Format". It's kind of trial-and-error to get a Map file to do what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back