Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Negative Voltage from DAC0808

Status
Not open for further replies.

theone_in_themoon

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
10 pin dac0808 diagram

Hullo
I am using DAC0808 LCN to produce audio by playing WAV files. I am unable to generate negative voltage from it. Is there any way in which i can do it or will i have to use op-amps as adders etc. to get negative voltages ???

Refering to the statement in the start of Page:10 of datasheet of DAC0808, where it states:

"Bipolar input signals may be handled by connecting
R14 to a positive reference voltage equal to the peak
positive input level at pin 15."

This statement appers quite vague to me but I think there must be way to generate negative voltage by considering the input byte as a signed one (MSB for sign and rest for data).

Please help me with any diagram or a more clear statement about how to achive this goal.

Thankyou in advance,

Regards

dac0808+wav

You can try to remove dc component from the DAC output by adding a capacitor in series with the output. What you generate is an audio signal so after capacitor you will have a +/- signal ..

Status
Not open for further replies.