Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need updated library for Altium Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnakumar.r93

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm new to using Altium designer 14 for PCB Design.

I downloaded libraries for Altium designer from:
https://techdocs.altium.com/display/ADOH/Download+Libraries

But, these libraries does not contain several microcontrollers. For example: PIC16LF1825, PIC18F45k22 etc.,

I can manually create a component and footprint, but Is there any option inside altium designer to update the library? Where can i download the updated library?

I never found everything I wanted even in updated manufacturer's libraries. You must be aware that you'll have to deal with the ability do make yourself some parts and to manually add them to the project library. In this case in particular you are lucky to the fact that there are already several components in the Microchip library having similar footprints, so that would just copy, rename, and modify pinout naming accordingly.

In this case in particular you are lucky to the fact that there are already several components in the Microchip library having similar footprints, so that would just copy, rename, and modify pinout naming accordingly.

I just mentioned microchip for a reference. I too create many components, footprints manually and add them to the project library. That is why i thought of updating library would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back