Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need to be a signal integrity designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicent Yang

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to know what is the minimum knowledge that i must have to start learning the signal integrity deisgn. Also i need to know how to start in this field.

What is the type of mathamatics required for a designer to deal with signal integrity design issues. Is mathamatics is the only requirement. IS there is a general course cover all the required basics and take you up to the signal integrity design.

A good place to start is the book, 'High Speed Digital design, A Handbook of Black Magic' by Howard Johnson. Visit his website as well.
You can download some Mathcad formulas for common problems. Let Mathcad do the work.
Also, get a good tool set such as 'Cadstar', (don't laugh, I have to use it). And get into the high speed routing and SI tools. Then you can do what if's and see the estimated responce. Cadstar also supports Ibis models.

Which tools to start use to learn SI deisgn. Is the use of the Cadstar or the cadance tools. Which one is easier in learning and which one has a good documentation

I only have used Cadstar. Just read the help files.
The mathcad formulas can be found on Howard Johnsons site h*tp://signalintegrity.com
Click on design tools. Lots of useful stuff.

Hyperlynx is beter software for signal integrity,see this web site www.metor.com
u need a minimum knoledge on pcb layout to start working on signal integrity

U should have very good knowledge in Electronics and maths

you can start with Cadstar.THe documentation of SI verify is reallly very good.

Try to read SI by Eric Bogatin as well as articles by Douglas Brooks

Hi,

Google search with string your looking for,you will get tons and tons of article to download,go through it,understand the concept first,you will become signal integrity engineer over some years,this doesn't happen over night anyway:D

Regards

Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back