Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need suggestions making a bot using arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

psurya1994

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey, I am going to participate in an open 'robo show'. The competition is in September so i have got enough time to work on it. This is the information about that competition on their site:

Roboshow aims to introduce the latest in robotics design from numerous sectors. We have combat robots, fire-fighters, line followers, LEGO bots, hockey bots, swarm robots, walking humanoids, soccer bots, and even androids that do kung-fu and dance. Some robots are remote controlled, some autonomous - but they're all impressive!

Can anyone suggest me what bot should i make?
I am comfortable with arduino because I have already worked with it.
I previously worked on topics such as : IR Sensors, Touch Screen, Accelerometer, DTMF, LCD, Matrix LED, TSOP, Basics of SPI & I2C.
I am ready to learn more because i have enough time.

I have Arduino UNO, and the above mentioned sensors. I was thinking of a robot, which has a self stabilising arm (which will carry water) and it can move at the same time. Any more suggestions?

Thanks.

I would recommend picking up a copy of the following text, it is by far the best Arduino reference I have come across:

Arduino Cookbook

At over 700 pages, the text covers the vast majority of interfaces you will encounter, like the DC motor in your previous post.

The following MAKE project maybe of interest:

As well as the following site for inspiration:

Easy Arduino Robot Tutorial - Part I

I done a fair amount of business with the following online parts supply businesses due to their close proximity to my locale, they are quite Arduino-centric and offer quite a bit of Robot and Arduino oriented parts:

Pololu Robotics and Electronics

Sparkfun Electronics

Sparkfun Robotic Claw

My personal experience with automation is more commercial/industrial, than hobby oriented, however I can certainly help with various aspects of your project.

BigDog

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking of a robot, which has a self stabilising arm (which will carry water) and it can move at the same time. Any more suggestions?

Gyro stabilized arms can be quite a challenge. :shock: Here is some inspiration:

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back