Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Need Some files to Practice place & route in SoC Encounter version 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazjad

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.....

I am now learning place & route in SoC Encounter version 8.1.

As far as i know to run/practice i should have 1.a verilog netlist(*.v) 2.a technology file (*.lib) 3.a LEF file for the library(*.lef) and 4.a script file(*.conf).

But except verilog netlist i don't have any of the above.

Could anyone please send some files especially a package where along with verilog netlist, it's associated tech file, lef file and conf file also exists. I will be very grateful then, it'll be very helpful for me.

Thanks

sazzad

Hi..

ya , but still i am wondering if i could find something that is using at any school or training institute for training purpose. Actually without these files i can't practice well !!

I dont think so **** schools or institutes also cannot share such data. You have to get yourself into such institutes to practice.

i see.... that's a problem !!!! right now i don't have any access to such data !!! :(

There is a design called DTMF will be a part of your Encounter. Check it in your installation area.

Reactions: sazjad

sazjad

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks kumar_eee for your message. I found this DTMF folder. But still i have a problem !!!

To work with these files in DTMF folder i need to download the Artisan 180nm library from Cadence Learning Management System websites which is actually free. But somehow i could not get into that site.

I am trying to register in Cadence learning management system to get access in cadence resources but whenever i am trying to register it shows me the following error message:

"CSSO Authorization Problem
CSSO Authorization Failed
You do not have required roles/privileges to access this site, please
contact customer support."

Can you please help me out in this issue and give me some advice about
what should i do to complete the registration or if you have access to this site can you do me a favor ?

If you have no problem, can you download it for me and send it back to me. Here is my email address: sazjad@gmail.com

Best regards
sazzad

Just a question you mentioned you the Verilog, but EDI requires a Verilog netlist, to obtain this one you might synthesize and to synthesize the tool generally used the lib files?
The conf file is made by the designer, ASCII file you need to create yourself.
For the lef, if you have th Lib yo child asks the backend views as well.

Hi Sajjad,

You can not plug in any netlist with some other physical views, Its Simply does not happen that way. Si2.org or something like that will help you with all the inputs for you to run PNR.

Try, Good luck

Hi lohi21,

Thanks for your comment.

yes u r right, that's why i am searching for a complete package from a single source.

By the way, the link u have given is very useful. Thanks for that :)

Hi Sajjad,

You can not plug in any netlist with some other physical views, Its Simply does not happen that way. Si2.org or something like that will help you with all the inputs for you to run PNR.

Try, Good luck

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Hi rca,

Thanks for your information.

But i didn't get what u have said in the last line !!!
For the lef, if you have th Lib yo child asks the backend views as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back