Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with hfss simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hafizdaud

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I want to simulate an inverted F antenna using Hfss simulation V 15.0. The antenna's design has been simulated with EM pro 2010 by resonance frequency of 2.44 Ghz and it gets the expected result. My problem is i did not get the same result when i simulate the antenna using Hfss.i have already designed the antenna's structure exactly the same like the one that has been simulated by EM pro. This Antenna has been tested and and the results did not have major difference compare to simulation results by EM Pro.What bother me my results is totally different. Maybe i set up (radiation boundary,port,vias etc.) wrong because the structure (length,heigth.etc) is exactly the same.
Could anyone help me?

ThanksView attachment Project1.zip

i think your simulation have some problem
1) wave port usually not suggested for antenna simulation in hfss
2) radiation box is not modify for this frequency

ferdows_j@yahoo.com

thank for reply..
1) Which type of port should i use then?lumped port?
2) i already set the radiation box lambda/4 away from the antenna.What do you mean by the radiation frequency is not modify?

Attachments

• ifa antenna.zip
    33.3 KB · Views: 57

yes u should used lump port
and radiation box is tangent to your port its may be make some problem in simulation (in x direction)

hi,
i already used lumped port and the S11 look good but the 3d polar plot is not. it should radiate in all direction but my result is a little bit strange i think.

3d polar.PNG

Anyone know why?

regards

the pattern direction is related to antenna size and condition so your ground at X direction and pattern shows null at this side so it look true
i hope it be helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back