Status
Not open for further replies.

yoszoo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I wish somebody could help me with this, I just started using Altium Designer Summer 09 and I built a simple electrical circuit/schematic with resistors and NPN transistor, however when I tried to compile it, it gave me an error message saying that some of the signal pin has no driver, I read the tutorial they had in altium website but i do not think it help explain me why I am getting this error. Any clue will be much appreciated, Thanks.

Attachments

• altium.bmp
    1.7 MB · Views: 162

A feature of Altium is that, if you tell it which pins are outputs and which are inputs, it will flag errors in cases such as 2 outputs connected to each other, or inputs with no output driving them. But there are a lot more categories than just input and output. You can view and change Connection Matrix which controls the error generation (Project -> Project Options -> Connection Matrix).

There are a number of cases where Altium by default will flag errors when nothing is really wrong, especially with things like resistors connected to component pins,

I usually just override the error by placing a "No ERC" directive on the net (Place -> Directive -> No ERC). But you could also go into the connection matrix and tell it not to flag an error for that type of connection. Sometimes the errors can be a sign that the component pin property is incorrect, and the answer is to go into the library and fix the component pin.

i see your picture,you opened the schematic as a free document,so you will face the troubles.Try to add your schematic to a project,then compile again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…