Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with Altium Designer : Signal Pin Has No Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoszoo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I wish somebody could help me with this, I just started using Altium Designer Summer 09 and I built a simple electrical circuit/schematic with resistors and NPN transistor, however when I tried to compile it, it gave me an error message saying that some of the signal pin has no driver, I read the tutorial they had in altium website but i do not think it help explain me why I am getting this error. Any clue will be much appreciated, Thanks.

Attachments

• altium.bmp
    1.7 MB · Views: 158

A feature of Altium is that, if you tell it which pins are outputs and which are inputs, it will flag errors in cases such as 2 outputs connected to each other, or inputs with no output driving them. But there are a lot more categories than just input and output. You can view and change Connection Matrix which controls the error generation (Project -> Project Options -> Connection Matrix).

There are a number of cases where Altium by default will flag errors when nothing is really wrong, especially with things like resistors connected to component pins,

I usually just override the error by placing a "No ERC" directive on the net (Place -> Directive -> No ERC). But you could also go into the connection matrix and tell it not to flag an error for that type of connection. Sometimes the errors can be a sign that the component pin property is incorrect, and the answer is to go into the library and fix the component pin.

i see your picture,you opened the schematic as a free document,so you will face the troubles.Try to add your schematic to a project,then compile again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back