Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to understand circuit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddy_p

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Greetings of the day!!!

I have got a display board which has 3 common anode 7 segment displays, 7 individual LED's and 4 switches.

Segments are driven by using port 0 of P89V51RD2 micro controller (through 74HCT574 latch IC). The common terminals (COM1 to COM4 as indicated in schematic) are also driven by using port 0 of P89V51RD2 micro controller (through another 74HCT574 latch IC and the output of latch IC if given to ULN2003). COM1, COM2, COM3 and COM4 is nothing but the output pins of ULN2003.

Pin no 14 on connector CN1 (common point where anode's of all diodes are connected) is connected to port 1.4 (pin no 5 of micro controller).

With this schematic I can't figure out how the micro controller is reading the state of switch and how it is differentiate that which switch has been pressed??

Please advice.

Regards,
Paddy

Attachments

• 4-1 Switch control.jpg
    4-1 Switch control.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 45

With this schematic I can't figure out how the micro controller is reading the state of switch and how it is differentiate that which switch has been pressed?
You'll hardly understand if you assume a common anode display. LTS367 is common cathode. In this case, the switches are scanned along with segment multiplexing. Consider a pull-up resistor at the common switch input.

Status
Not open for further replies.