Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help ! Resolver and A/D Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfc123

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

I have a task regarding resolver and A/D converter. My A/D converter is a 16 bits converter IC chip, typically Analog Devices AD2S82A, and it is used with a resolver to determine the absolute angle of a robot arm joint (a degree of freedom). After the conversion, I have 16 binary digital outputs, which mean I will have to connect the IC chip (the A/D converter, AD2S82A) to the computer with 16 wires. The problem is that the computer has only 2 pins, which means it can only accept 2 wires maximum. My job is to reduce 16 wires branching out from the A/D converter IC chip to 2 wires connecting to the computer. Please provide me a solution or device to do the job, appreciate your helps :grin:

Thanks !

kfc123

Hello kfc123
I think that you want use PC serial port , therefor you must convert your data to serial and for this subject you can used 74f676.

Not sure about your issues, but a RS232 would help you to collect data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back