Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help regarding a home automation project

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuuton

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i am making a home automation project over the internet.

there are some applications available on the net that can be used to send control signals over the net but i want to make my own app.

please suggest the language and amount of coding that would be required. some sample codes would be highly appreciated. thanks

this was very helpful, thanks.

actually i need to develop my own app from scratch. can you guide me in this aspect?

assuming that the home had a wireless router you could use a microcontroller with a WiFi interface which controls some device, e.g. a light, switches on a TV, etc. e.g.
**broken link removed**

if you have not already selected a development board have a look at Microchip's microstick
**broken link removed**

it has onboard programmer etc and comes with a header which can be plugged into a breadboard that you can use to build you own circuits

why do you want to develop all from scratch ?
or do you plan to use ready-made modules, and the app you have to do is on the pc computer side ?
I don't understand what you want to do exactly ...

Kripton2035

by the app i mean the interface that would be used to send commands to my home pc.. i want to make the GUI more user friendly.

are you thinking about a touch screen LCD attached to a microcontroller?
you could control the functionality of the device and touch buttons to send data to you home PC. e.g.
**broken link removed**

no i dont want a touch screen LCD interface. i want to know how to code my own app that accepts the data from a user connected to 1st system and then transmits that data over the net to the 2nd system which has a relay board attached to it by a serial port so that i can control the appliances

Reactions: fuuton

fuuton

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back